1. Shop Around – If you are to obtain the lowest car insurance quote, you must take time to shop around. The process of your car insurance price investigation might just end up taking you a day or two, but when it’s all said and done, you won’t have to worry with paying hundreds of dollars more than what you should. There are quite a few companies out there who provide similar pricing, which is obviously because there is a lot of competition. Shopping around will ensure that you end up with the best deal to suit your individual driving needs, as well as the needs of what you can and cannot afford.
2. Maintain a Safe Driving Record – Do you have a long list of traffic violations and a history of automobile accidents? If so, then you’re likely to end up paying a lot more than the average safe driver. Unfortunately, if you’ve already obtained a bad previous driving history, there is nothing you can do about it. You’ll have to wait a few more years before your car insurance quote prices go down. However, what everyone can do right now is try not to get into anymore accidents and travel the speed limit while driving. A clean driving record is one of the best ways to obtain the lowest prices.
3. Ask For a High Deductible – The only problem with this is that if something were to happen, you would have to pay your deductible. The benefit is that the higher your deductible rate, the lower your monthly payments for car insurance.
4. Search Through Top Companies and Those That Aren’t Popular – There is nothing wrong with obtaining a car insurance quote from the top companies, but you should not allow your search to end there. Take time to ask around and call companies within your local city to find out what the rates are, as well as what the current discounts are. Many times, you may luck up and end up with a great discounted rate, all because you asked for it.
5. Drive a “Safe” Car – Do you own a sports car? If so, expect to pay more. Driving a safer car is more highly preferred when it comes to obtaining a low car insurance quote because it contains more safety features. Driving a car with lots of safety features is guaranteed to knock off at least a couple of bucks off your premium.